Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mayhem Psywar EP review

I caught word that Mayhem will be releasing a EP titled Psywar! There's really not that much press as far as the release (I had know idea it was being released.) I did a simple search for black metal releases 2014 and saw Mayhem on the list and knew I had to check it out! They have a single out titled Psywar which is different from their past stuff. The quality is superior and the vocals are different from their past releases. All in all I'm in love with the track so, I went ahead and pre-ordered the vinyl. It's scheduled to release April 25th! I think this album is a stand point for their career and how far they have come as musicians. If you wish to buy it, the album can be found here http://e-shop.season-of-mist.com/en/catalog/list/1307?search_type=band on vinyl and tape. All the vinyl is nearly gone so if your into vinyl you better jump it before their sold out! ALL the color vinyl is gone! The song psywar presents great guitar work while evolving into a new mold of black metal. The quality is great and seems very well put together from the single that I listened to. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of this album and spinning this one on my record player!

No comments:

Post a Comment